Thursday, May 2, 2013

Let's Get Cookin with Longaberger!!



Spring is here and it's time to start thinking about cooking lighter, fresher meals. To get my customers inspired I hosted a cooking home show featuring Longaberger cookware and food products! Spring/summer cooking, for me is a time to be quick, simple and if possible oven use free!! I set my table using our new Perennial Garden table square along with a sampling of our sale products for April. Two pieces of our 8 in 1 set were put to use serving some snacks ....

My kitchen island is prepped with cooking supplies ... and NO that big can of Pabst's Blue Ribbon beer is not for me to drink! I'll be using it to make two loaves of our beer batter bread.

To create a very simple dessert I pressed a roll of refrigerator sugar cookie dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and baked it for 12 to 15 minutes. Do this in the morning while the house is cool, set it aside and finish it later! To the right of the cookie is our Small Mix and Pour bowl, I have combined on package of soft cream cheese, 1 cube of butter and one packet of our Snickerdoodle mix. Once it's smooth spread evenly over the cookie, top with your favorite summer fruits and voila ...


A fresh dessert! You can top with a dollop of whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or serve it just like this!!
 
 

A beautiful loaf of beer batter bread. Oh so yummy and it makes the kitchen smell wonderful! A warm slice of Longaberger's hearty beer bread is a perfect companion for a fresh summer salad. Today I am topping my fresh green with pears, delicious apples, sliced almonds and dried cranberries. Using Longaberger Rosemary Garlic Seasoning blend I made a vinaigrette style dressing. With 1 TBS seasoning blend, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 3/4 cup light olive oil and 1 TBS sugar I have a wonderful dressing the is perfect with the fruit on my salad! Healthy as well!!

 
 
I served the salad in a retired Longaberger Low Bowl. Using this style of bowl allows me to mix my salad without scattering the contents all over the counter AND all the top goodies don't end up on the very bottom of the bowl!
 
I also made Rosemary Garlic seasoned chicken tenders. Simple to make an so tasty. Brush your chicken with a light coat of olive oil, add 2 TBS seasoning blend and 3 TBS bread crumbs. Coat the chicken and place in a 9 x 13 Longaberger baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done. You can serve warm with salad and bread or let it cool, chop into pieces and put in the salad. To use your left overs shred the remaining chicken, add chopped water chestnuts, mayonnaise, stir well and you have a delicious chicken salad for the next day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment