Tuesday, May 21, 2013

An Engagement Celebration .....

It is official .... Tiffany and her fiance' have selected a place for their wedding and a date. Joe and I hosted an engagement party for the two of them on Sunday. It was such a wonderful day, several of my long time dear friends were here to congratulate the two of them as well as our family priest Father Kelly. Fr. Kelly turns 85 years young today and will be departing for Ireland soon to spend 7 weeks with his family on the emerald isle. He received strict instructions from Tiffany to take care of himself as he needs to be the officiate at her April 6, 2014 wedding. Fr. Kelly has been in my life since I was 13 years old. He baptized my father as an adult, married myself and the father of my two children, baptized both of my children, and sadly buried both of my parents. He was so pleased that Tiffany asked him to be the priest to marry her ... and so was I.
 
Joe and Fr. Kelly enjoying a chat

The happy couple keeping the good padre on his feet!
A view of the Pacific Ocean from the Wedgewood San Clemente Reception site ... such a beautiful location.
As you may recall Shawn proposed to Tiffany with these beautiful shoes and her ring tied to the shoe. The theme of their engagement party centered around "A pair of shoes can change a girls life!!"

The tables were set up ....
 
It All Began with a Shoe ....
A gallery of engagement pictures ....

Antonio and his portable taco cart! Oh my gosh these were so good ... chicken, pork and carne asada soft tacos with beans and rice, and I didn't have to cook! Woo Hoo

And for dessert, a delicious Tiffany blue cake, yum, yum
Tiffany and Shawn, the happy couple.
 
 Tiffany and Donna, her confirmation sponsor and good friend to the family.
Misty, Tiffany's maid of honor - Shawn and his best man Jeff.
 Captain was our youngest guest, 9 months old and just an adorable little boy. His daddy is the best man!
Gayle has been part of Tiffany;s life before Tiffany was a twinkle in my eye. McKenzie center and Rick with Shawn.
Is this little red car just the cutest ever!! Our wonderful friends Penny and Bob drove this to the party and I was so excited to get a picture of the kids with the car. Tiffany had to fold her legs up like an accordion to get them into the drivers seat! This is a 1929 Ford, people were just a lot smaller in those days?

It was such a great day with long time friends joining us to congratulate the kids on their commitment to a life with each other. Thanks for coming!!


No comments:

Post a Comment