Thursday, May 23, 2013

Getting Some Quilting projects Completed!

I always feel so accomplished when I finish a project. My long arm quilter, Susie called me this week to let me know she had finished my quilts. I'm always an eager beaver so I was there the next morning to pick up my goods. I finished putting the binding on two table runners and took a quick picture ... or two to share with you!
 
I possibly have a buyer for both runners! However, if they don't sell I think the Americana one will live at my house!! That is the problem I have with making things to sell, I never want to part with them when they're finished!

This little Uncle Sam hat is the second in a series made by the Longaberger Co. Last year they issued a larger version of the same styled hat. I just love the miniatures and think it looks so perfect with my runner.

I love Americana decor' and this time of year. As Memorial Day approaches I start getting the itch to pull out the Red, White and Blue. Today, May 23 is my dad's birthday, had he lived beyond 55 years he would be 87 today. He is where I get my love of Americana and my patriotism. He served in WWII and NEVER had a harsh word to say about this country. No matter which President was in office he gave his unwavering support. I miss him terribly and find it so hard to believe he has been gone 32 years. In his memory I began my decorating today.

Love you dad ....


No comments:

Post a Comment