Sunday, March 24, 2013

Our Savior Arrives ....

Today, in all Christian communities we will be celebrating the arrival of our savior, Jesus to the village of his birth, Jerusalem. Coming into town riding on the back of a small burro Jesus was greeted by cheering followers waving fronds of palm cut from their local trees. In the days that followed he was quickly transformed from a man who was cheered to one to who was crucified for our sins on a cross. I cannot imagine anything so painful as having nails driven into my hands and feet. At this time of year I am reminded of the pain he endured for my sins and I am quickly reminded of those I have hurt and ask for his forgiveness. Before entering into this week of solemn reflection and prayer my craft class met to create a beautiful egg to display on Easter morning as we celebrate Jesus' rising into the heavens to be with his father.
The craft table is set up and ready to go!



The ladies are working hard ....

All done! Once they completed their eggs they were placed inside a little felt basket with the chocolates and a Longaberger Easter Egg tie on. This is Corinne's, I think she did a fabulous job!!

 May your week be filled with reflection for your blessings and prayer for those of us less fortunate ....

No comments:

Post a Comment