Thursday, September 15, 2011

Taking Time to Sew ...

Some of my doll quilts .....


Meet Emma

     I sat down at my desk this morning to do some work on the Collector's Club Spring Tour. I looked at my phone, then at the trip folder and kerplunk, Betsy was on my lap. After a thorough face washing Betsy helped me decided that today was sewing day!

     My sewing room is one of my favorites in the house. It's bright with sunshine and many of my favorite things are in there. I added a few photo's to share with you my passion for making doll quilts. Several of my newest ones are hanging on the wall. If you look to the right you will see Betsy's name sake ... Betsy Ross. Yes, she really does look like that, she is a folk art version and I LOVE it! Below is my handmade doll given to me from a friend in Australia. Her name is Emma and she loves the sewing room as much as I do.

     Today I worked on finishing two of my mini quilts and began cutting out a large quilt that I will be working on over the next year with two special quilting friends. Have you ever noticed that when you craft or work on a project with friends it seems more relaxing? Women need to "be" together to have time to chew on their troubles, solve world affairs, the latest diet and so on.  As much as I love the solitude of my sewing room I treasure the time I sew with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment