Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My Country



Have you ever been to my home? If you have you know I love my country. My grandfather served in WWI in France at the battle of Aragon where he received the bronze star. Both my dad and my uncle served in WWII. My dad served in the pacific theater and part of his service was going into Hiroshima as part of the clean of of the atomic bomb. Did he have nightmares? You bet he did, would he have changed anything when it came to serving his country? Absolutely not. He raised me to respect the flag, and what it stood for. It was no coincidence that I was born on the 4th of July.

My home is filled with Americana. Some antique, some folk art while others are hand made by friends. They are my treasures and each one holds a special meaning especially my dad's beat up brass army bugle. No matter where I have called home the bugle has a place of honor. A few days ago we, as a nation celebrated the 10th anniversary of September 11. A day that time stood still, a day when each of us knows exactly what we were doing when the twin towers were hit. A day when I realized that the United States was vulnerable to being attacked on our own soil. It was also a day when we stood together as one in solidarity. We showed the world we were one and behind our President and in support of our troops. I have never forgotten 9/11. I have never forgotten the stories my dad unwilling shared about WWII, and I will never forget that I am an American and I am proud of what and who we are, warts and all.

To commemorate the 10th anniversary of September 11th the Longaberger Company has created a beautiful basket with an engraved wood craft lid with the words "We Remember" the two piece set is $60.00 before SH and Tax longaberger.com/anitataylor click on this link to view and order the set.

No comments:

Post a Comment