Thursday, July 24, 2014

Game Night ... and a Box ....

My grand kiddies rolled into town last week for a back to school dental visit. When they are here they love to play game night with their Aunt Tiffany and Uncle Shawn. Auntie brought her card game Skipo ...
It's Austin's play and he's sorting out his hand of cards ....

Because Alexia, the youngest, was such a good girl at the dentist and Grandma is a softie, I got her the Pop Up Princess Castle Game ... She and mommy were playing this game, well sorta, Lexi has her own style of game playing! They were on the floor next to the Skipo competition.

And daddy, well he's enjoying a quiet game of solitaire on the kids I Pad. Mr. Taylor, my hubby is on the other couch playing another game on his IPOD. Grandma, well, I'm the photographer and Skipo coach!

21st Century "family" game night .... four games at once. Hummmm, not what I remember as a kid ....

_____________________________________________________________________

I received a box today while I was out struggling through the 100 degree heat. I thought it was a box of paperwork so I didn't get too excited. Well, tonight while watching the Angels Baseball game I decided to open to box. Oh Boy!! So excited. It's a doll I ordered from Bay Ray's Child, Audrey Baker. She is ADORABLE in a homely sorta way.
An opened box reveals this is NOT boring paper work!

Thank you Audrey for sharing your God given talents with us mere mortals ....

She's out!! I love her ... how is the name Becca? I have used her dress fabrics in some of my Civil War era quilts!
A closer look at the details, her little eyes are so expressive. She has a story to tell, I will listen carefully until I can hear it.

Becca sitting patiently in her new red chair ...

 She is just so precious! If you would like your very own Becca go to 1840 Living BlogSpot.com and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment