Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Mystery is Solved ....

Today our weather was grey, chilly and a bit breezy. A perfect day to stay in and sew, so that is exactly what I did. Last week I began working on a mystery quilt that I was going to do at a Spring retreat, I was unable to attend this year so I made my own retreat in my home! I completed all the blocks last week and today I put the blocks together in nice rows ....
First step, sew the blocks alternately into strips ...

Step 2, sew all the strips together ...
All the rows are sewn together, the flying geese are added to the borders .....

TaDa!!! The blue inner border and the large print border are added and it's Done!! The mystery is solved! Now I have a beautiful lap size quilt all ready to go see Susie, my long arm quilter!! 

Thanks for sewing along with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment