Friday, April 19, 2013

I'm Getting There .....

I awoke to the TV blaring the news in Boston ... one bomber was dead and the police were in pursuit of the other. Amazing how they can find a needle in a haystack these days. I knew my husband would be locked in all day, eyes glued to the screen so it was a perfect opportunity for me to continue working on my mystery quilt. And boy did I work on it today!!
 
 
So I sewed numerous squares in squares ....

Made a stack of flying geese ....

And I trimmed and I trimmed and I trimmed ....

See my stack of shreds! Now, my friend Rita would probably save this and use it for stuffing a pillow. This gal throws very little fabric away, unlike me!
 

Now I have stacks and stacks of nice neat blocks all ready to assemble. Love these colors together!

I made some popcorn and put it in my new Welcome Home Longaberger bowl, fixed a Coke Zero with ice, I love ice! And now I'm all set to blog!

Throughout the course of the day I watched as Boston was put on lock down, how scary was that! The FBI, State Police and local police departments scoured the city and the burbs, leaving no stone unturned and by 7 PM with the help of a homeowner they had found their final bomber. A 19 year old Russian from an immigrant family, a Muslim, a hater of the US.

As Rodney King once said .... "Why can't we all just get along?"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment