Sunday, December 29, 2013

"A Fine Romance"

Since the early 1990's I have been a fan of American author Susan Branch. She was born and raised right here in Southern California. But, by her mid 30's she relocated herself to New England, specifically Vineyard Haven on the quaint island of Martha's Vineyard.

Harbor View Hotel - Edgarton, Martha's Vineyard ... let's go ladies!!

Susan's first book "Heart of the Home" was my inspiration to the way I keep my home and live today. We share a love of home, hearth, family, cooking and creativity. Since that first book their have been ten additional books. Covering everything from babies, holidays, summertime, girlfriends and now her most recent book "A Fine Romance."



This book is written in the style of a daily journal. It covers the span of her two month trip to the English Countryside with her husband, Joe. The entire book is written and illustrated by Susan's own hand. Visiting the English country side has always been a dream of mine, it resides on the top of my "bucket List" of dreams to fulfill.

Just a few of her experiences included a visit to 
Hill Top,
the home of author Beatrice Potter, Heaver Castle - the childhood home of Ann Boleyn; 
Mother of Queen Elizabeth I,
Heaver Castle and surrounding grounds ...
and my favorite dream visit the home of Jane Austen; author of Pride and Prejudice et,al.
Her home, church where her father was the Vicar and Ms. Austen herself!

My dear friend Paula sent me this wonderful book for Christmas and I am thoroughly enjoying my journey along with Susan, Joe and a few of her British girl friends!

A sampling of Susan's writing and art work ... isn't it so lovely!
 Along with this wonderful book I was also given the November/December 2013 issue of Yankee - New England's Magazine. Featured in this holiday issue is who else??
Well, Ms. Susan Branch that's who! If you have the opportunity pop into your local Barnes and Noble Book store and pick up a copy and read a bit about Susan for yourself.

Isn't her home just what it ought to be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment