Tuesday, January 21, 2014

With Valentine's Day less then four weeks away I realized I needed to get busy! Last week my dear friend Tanya and I headed off the the craft stores to see what I could create. After a few stops I came up with the idea to make Apothecary Candy Jars. I have attached a few pictures to give you an idea on how to make your own jars to create a Valentine vignette!!
 
First you will need to purchase two or three candy type jars ... any size or shape you desire. Be sure they are different and interesting to the eye. Next you will want to buy candle stick bases, these should vary in size and shapes. Thrift stores and yard sales are good resources for both of these items! 
After selecting your glass ware decide which color you would like your finished products to be i.e., silver, black, gold etc.
 
Wash your jars and take the lids apart before spraying ... spray the inside and the outside of your lid and the candle sticks used for your base.
Once the spray paint has dried you will use a permanent silicone glue to adhere the candle stick bases to the bottoms of the jars.
Almost done! Place the seals back on your lids ....
Fill the jars with your favorite Valentine Candies and voila your very own Apothecary Jars ready for any holiday season!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment