Monday, January 6, 2014

Gettin Back to Normal???

I say "getting back to normal" with tongue in cheek. What is normal anyway? Christmas comes with extreme shopping, wrapping, decorating, extra cooking, visiting and on and on .... That is not normal in my world!! As much as I LOVE decorating for Christmas all the twinkly lights, garlands and trees I am equally excited to get it all down and putting my home back to my kind of "normal." It always seems that when I put things back they somehow are different then when they came down! Does that happen to you?? For example when I took down my Christmas Trees quilt this is what went up in it's place ...

I replaced the trees with my Coverlet Flag Quilt. This was one of the first large quits I made and it is still a favorite of mine! My little horse is wearing his red, white and blue show ribbons as well!
With the new Plantation Shutters at the windows I needed to relocate my pewter Tavern Measures. I love how they look in their new home ....
 
They are now right where I can see them all the time ... my fireplace mantle! I love it!
 And my final change is corralling my flock of tiny Putz sheep. When I was putting my Christmas decor away I stumbled onto some small fences in a box. This little one just worked perfect for my collection ...
All fenced in ...
As I mentioned earlier my husbands great grand children were here Saturday night. I overheard 6 year old Madison telling her mommy "I love coming here." I leaned over and asked her why. Thinking her answer would be seeing all her family etc. She told me "because it's so cozy." I thought that was so sweet coming from someone so small ....

1 comment: