Thursday, June 18, 2015

Finishing Old Friends ... Starting new Ones!

My friend Amy headed home to Wyoming bright and early Sunday morning. Joe and I both miss her terribly so this morning I decided to jump into my old routine to help ease my missing her so much!

I settled into my sewing room and sorted through some exchange blocks that needed to be finished ....



These are the final 10 blocks for the group quilt Antique Circles. For 10 months we have each made 10 blocks. We exchange our blocks so we end up with   10 different blocks. Now to sew them all together ... ugh. I'll post the completion once it's done.

In an effort to get Christmas projects done I began sewing in January. To date I have two gifts completed, one ready for the quilter and I've begun this one.


My friend Rita had this cute little quilt on her table a while ago. I just loved it and she graciously shared her pattern. Mine is a red and green version and I love it! I don't want to give it away ....


Since the time I took this picture I've been fighting with my computer to get the pictures to go into my blog. This is now finished and it came out so cute. It will go to the quilter along with the other one.

Now I have started Christmas gift number 4. It is coming together and I hate to say this but I love it too! What is a girl to do? I think I should sew with patterns and fabrics I just don't like.


These were all purchased at the new Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop in Murietta, CA. I love Lisa's new shop and could spend hours in there drooling at all the goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment