Friday, June 5, 2015

Are You Ready for Some Baseball!!!

It's baseball season! This is a sure sign for me that summer is on its way. As a little girl I would lay in my bed on a hot summer night being lulled to sleep by the hum of our electric fan. We didn't have a air conditioning so my dad would faithfully bring in the big box fan and set it at the end of the hall. For the next 3 months the loud hum of the fan would drown out the sound of the television and telephone conversations. In those days we had one phone that hung on the wall in the kitchen smack dab next to the fan!

Along with the lull of the fan at night I was also soothed by the sound of the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball games being called on the radio by the iconic Vin Skully. Although I am a devoted Angels fan I have been known to tune into Dodgers baseball at night just to hear Vin Skully call the game. His voice drums up nostalgic memories of my summertime childhood when life was so simple.

So, a few weeks ago when the Origami Owl jewelry company launched their new MLB charm collection I was thrilled! I just couldn't wait to get my very own collection. Well, yesterday they arrived and I am a happy camper. 

Check out these cute tiny charms ....

Tiny baseball bats, heart shaped baseballs, angel wings and of course the BIG "A."

Inside my large living locket ....

Added my tiny Sawrovski red crystal dust, put it on my chain and I'm ready for the game!

Hay batter, batter, batter ... swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment