Thursday, January 22, 2015

On the Road Again ....

That is on the Road to California once again! Yep, the popular quilt show has come to the sunshine state once again and my friend Debbie and I were there promptly at 9:00 am to shop till we dropped! I am always amazed at how many quilters there are in California. It's like an ocean of women oozing in and out of one booth after another. We oooh and ahhh at all the beautiful fabrics and patterns. Booth after booth you can hear the hum of the newest sewing machines with all the whistles and bells. Even the Tin Lizzie machine was all a flutter offering the newest in affordable long arm quilting.

Being a smart shopper I took my new quilted tote with me. I was sure it would have plenty of room to hold all of my purchases. WRONG! I filled my tote to the rim and had to finally accept a bag to bring home my final purchase.

Remember my tote??

A view way down inside after three hours of shopping!
Debbie and I wove up and down the isles searching for our favorite shops. Primitive Gatherings, Orange Quilt Bee (hi Lisa!) Rusty Crow, My Red Door, Farmhouse Threads and Stars and Scraps (hello Raquel)  were just a few of the many places we left our money.

Seven new patterns, four quilt kits, two spools of thread, 1/2 yard fabric cuts and misc. treasures found their way into my tote.

 After we left the show we made a stop and visited the college town of Claremont for a wonderful lunch. The weather today was so amazing, just perfect for lunch on the patio! Then a short walk across the street found us at Starbucks for a cup of dessert coffee ... Carmel Macchiato on ice Yum, yum. Then ... it was time to get a treat for the boys. Debbie's husband loves Bear Claws from Some Crust Bakery so we walked up town to get one. I saw a beautiful chocolate croissant ... one of my hubby's favorites. That's what's in the bag in the above picture. His face broke into a big grin when he saw what I brought him. As my mother said, "the way to a man's heart is through is stomach" she was so right!

Before I sign off for today I want to share a few pics from around the homestead ....

With Valentine's Day just a few weeks away I decorated my entry way to celebrate. My newest small red and white log cabin quilt is being held by my Santo's Angel. And yes, I can really spell BE, however, I was all out of "E's"!
My living room .... the table in front of the sofa used to be in the family room. Recently I needed to move it and my husband liked the open space. To keep him happy I moved things around and this is the new placements. Everything seems to have found a new home and I have a happy hubby to boot! Life is good.

 And my final note ... If you are a quilter, stitcher, etc. and you love everything primitive I have good news! Yep, the wonderful quilt shop currently housed in Wisconsin is opening an additional shop in Murietta, CA. Primitive Gatherings is coming to California and everyone is a buzz with excitement. While visiting her shop this morning this was all anyone could talk about. She will open her new doors on February 2, 2015. She commented how nice it is to be in the warm California sun and plans to stay in town at least through the 9th of February and enjoy the warmth.
Welcome to California Lisa!!

See you in Murietta!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment