Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Quilt, A Birthday and Thread

It has not even been a week and I have already completed one of my "small" quilts I bought at Road to California. I finished it this afternoon and I LOVE it!!

Some of my FAVORITE colors ... RED and TAN. I don't usually use floral fabric but I really loved this one ...

I'm ready for my close up Mr . De Mille. This little quilt kit was created by the girls at "My Red Door"
 Yesterday I took my friend Shirley to lunch for her birthday. She has been working very hard at releasing some excess body weight. When I opened my front door I was surprised to see how great she looked! 75 pounds gone, keep up the great job my friend.

We shared this delicious dessert and even left some for the weight loss angels!
 Last week my friend Tanya brought me a very vintage mending kit. This little plastic box was probably popular in the late 40's or 50's. It holds 14 spools of thread a thimble, a pair of scissors, pins and a measuring tape. So darn cute. I had a box of vintage spools of thread so I moved them into the box.


Each spool has a slot, you place the strands of thread through the slots and this way it is conveniently ready to use!

With the lid up there are places for scissors, pins etc. It came with the thimble.
A close up of the very vintage spools
 I love the old wooden spools thread used to come on. Most of these are stamped with the thread information, a few have the papers on the ends. And some of them even have the price ... 15 cents! I pay $3.00 to $4.00 per spool now. Got to love inflation!

Sideways but you get the idea!!
 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the new quilt, and the spool holder is adorable!!! I should of purchase the other 2 they had, and they were all different :)
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete