Saturday, February 1, 2014

A Passion for Sewing ....

With the holidays behind me and the guests all gone I have finally been able to get back into my sewing room and attack some of my projects! The "70's" themed quilt is at the long arm quilters so last week I buckled down and finished my "Drops of Honey" quilt and pillow top. I have the backing fabric cut and sized so now they are all ready to go. Whoo Hoo!!
When I went to the Road to California last week I picked up a little booklet and tool for making rugs from fabric or rag scraps. Since I had my fair share of scraps I thought this would be just perfect!! So I gathered together my scraps, cut them in to two inch strips and I went to town!
I had some spiders and bees, polka dot and solids ....

Awww, so pretty. This little rug is all done and will be perfect in front of my kitchen sink. So, don't haul those scraps to the thrift store, make a rug!
Several months ago I posted that I had finally finished my queen sized quilt called "Mill City." It is complete and on the guest room bed.
Tada!! I love the color combinations used for this quilt. This was a block of the month project from the Orange Quilt Bee. To date this is the largest one I have done, a lot of sewing hours put into this baby!!
While I was busy finishing things up I decided to get busy and make some labels. This one is for a group project we did last year called Pinwheels for Caroline. I have shared the front of this quilt in the past, it is another perfect project to use up scraps!!
Tiny Thimbles ... and boy are they tiny! I have also pieced these little scraps together and hope to have all the rows put together by tomorrow night. By the time I make my next trip to the long arm quilter I should have several treasures ready  to take!
 I have also posted a couple of pictures of our new Plantation Shutters we gave each other for Christmas. I haven't really liked any of the pictures until this most recent one taken today. These are in our living room and I love them!!
French Doors are on the left and the new shutters on the right, they let in just the right amount of sun light!
Happy February!

2 comments:

  1. Love seeing this glimpse of your living room - it looks so cozy and comfortable - the shutters are wonderful! Looks like the quilt on the guest bed was a sampler? Those are some of my favorites and the colors you used are so pretty.. Good job on the quilt label - I always forget to do that myself. Your tiny little tumbler quilt is going to be sweet.

    ReplyDelete