Sunday, August 24, 2014

Americana Doll Quilt

Yesterday I taught my final class for the 2014 year. With my double knee surgery just around the corner and rehabilitation to follow I felt sure I won't have the "umph" to create and teach any classes for the next few months.
Yesterday the ladies made a 14 x 14 Americana Doll quilt that will double as a checker board game.

Penny is helping one of the gals pin her borders on to hand sew them. Notice the Country Living magazine article below Penny's hand. It's a 1989 Longaberger Picnic basket with a red gingham ruffled liner. The article is in the "What is it Worth" section. This basket was purchased for $59.95 and today's value is estimated at $150.00!
Each of the ladies received this Longaberger Sisters lunch tote filled with their quilting fabric and supplies. Hanging on the from of each bag are 24 wooden game pieces for their finished game boards.

My daughter Tiffany stopped by to check out what the ladies were up too! Susan, sitting next to her is busy at work.
No one actually finished their quilt today as it was all done by hand and takes time! However, with a little perseverance I'm sure they will have them completed soon!
Betsy, my ever faithful blog dog is napping with one eye slightly open and one me. She's making sure I get my job done. What a life ....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment