Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Quick as a Flash ....


The holidays are breathing down our necks hard and fast. They just arrive earlier and earlier each year, I don't know how it happens but it does. Thanksgiving is late this year making the holiday hustle seem even more intense. To help in easing the frenetic pace I decided to begin my decorating. I have most of it done and will finish after Thanksgiving day by putting up our tree and decorating the outside. To help me remember how I do things from year to year I like to take pictures. Here are a few I can share with you blogging gals!
Above the TV
Family room ....

With the help of my daughter we picked pomegranates from the local junior college. There trees were bursting and no one else was interested in them. I picked up the great pineapple while I was in Ohio at Curry's Homestead.
Nestled on the center of my dining room table is one of Santa's Reindeer.  A shop in Iowa by the name of Gatherings is were he heralded from and I just love him to pieces.


 Bath room, Love my Arnett Americana Santa

Bathroom ...

And ... my bathroom! A wonderful stitchery from my friend Penny Hunter ...

Family room, one of my small quilts and another hand stitched piece from my friend Eileen ...

Kitchen island ....

Kitchen ...

Dining room, a huge dough bowl filled with Santa, candy canes, doll quilts, skates and so many other treasures!!

A few of my angels ...


I hope you have enjoyed your journey through my holiday home! May all you days be blessed as you begin the holidays ....

No comments:

Post a Comment